Coronavirus Statement – Update
There have been no reported cases of COVID-19 among the residents in IHM Senior Living Community (IHM SLC) and we are working diligently to ensure that continues. For the safety of all, and especially our vulnerable IHM SLC population, the following precautions are in place.
- The Motherhouse/IHM SLC is closed to all visitors and to non-essential staff. Family members visiting someone at the end of life are allowed.
- All entrances to the Motherhouse/IHM SLC are closed except for the entrance to G-Wing. Any visitors and staff are screened and have their temperatures taken before leaving the entrance.
- All worship services in the Motherhouse Chapel are closed to the public – anyone outside of the Motherhouse/IHM SLC – through April 13. This includes Liturgy of the Word and prayer services. Holy Week services and Easter services will be Livestreamed.
- All events scheduled for the Motherhouse, River House, Visitation and Maxis Center have been postponed. This includes spirituality programming, Chapel Concerts and Gallery exhibits through the end of April.
- All congregational in-person meetings have been cancelled or moved to a video conference format.
- Volunteer services have been discontinued until further notice.
We recognize that these steps impact many, and it is our hope that the virus does not find its way to the IHM Motherhouse/IHM SLC. As we wait for this crisis to pass, please join the IHM community in praying for those impacted – physically, spiritually, mentally or financially – by the deadly coronavirus. Please also hold in prayer the myriad people on the front lines of this pandemic. We are especially grateful to our health care staff, housekeeping and receptionists who are serving us during this time.